Facial hair removal can be a real pain in the neck (and chin, and upper lip… you get the point). With so many options out there, it can be hard to know which method is best for you. Two popular choices are dermaplaning and facial razors, but which one comes out on top?
Read along as we go through the key differences between the two methods, and see why dermaplaning is the way to go.
What Is Dermaplaning?
Some call it “peach fuzz”, while others prefer the term “strawberry skin” – but whether you’re team strawberry or team peaches, we can all agree that the vellus hair that shows up on our faces after shaving is not a welcome sight.
Dermaplaning is a procedure that exfoliates your facial skin, removes dirt and dead cells, and also clears out the vellus hair.
During the treatment, the esthetician will use a sterile scalpel to gently scrape the surface of your skin at a 45-degree angle. This process removes the buildup of dead skin cells, dirt, and oil that can clog pores and make skin appear dull and lifeless. The scraping motion also removes the fine hairs on your face, which can trap dirt and oil and make it harder for skincare products to penetrate the skin.
Dermaplaning is suitable for all skin types, but it is particularly effective for those with dry, rough, or uneven skin. It can also help reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and acne scars. Additionally, dermaplaning can enhance the results of other skincare treatments, such as chemical peels and microdermabrasion, by allowing products to penetrate deeper into the skin.
Dermaplaning is a quick and painless treatment that typically takes about 30 minutes to complete. There is no downtime required, and you can resume your normal activities immediately after the treatment. However, it’s important to protect your skin from the sun and avoid using harsh skincare products for a few days following the treatment to prevent irritation.
At Lash + Company, we understand the importance of taking care of your skin after dermaplaning. That’s why we offer a soothing mask to help calm and hydrate your skin post-treatment. Our mask is specially formulated to help reduce inflammation and redness while providing essential moisture to your skin. It’s the perfect way to pamper yourself and enhance the results of your dermaplaning treatment. We recommend using our mask a few days following your treatment to ensure your skin stays healthy and radiant.
Key Differences Between Dermaplaning And Facial Razors
Here are some key differences between dermaplaning and facial razors:
- Technique: Dermaplaning is performed using a sterile surgical scalpel by a licensed skincare professional, while facial razors are used at home by individuals.
- Level of Exfoliation: Dermaplaning removes the top layer of dead skin cells and fine hairs, providing a deeper exfoliation than facial razors which only remove hair.
- Precision: Dermaplaning is performed by a professional who has been trained to use a surgical scalpel to precisely exfoliate the skin, while facial razors require more manual dexterity and may not be as precise.
- Risk of Irritation: Facial razors can cause irritation and redness if not used properly, while dermaplaning is typically a gentler and more controlled method of exfoliation.
- Safety: Dermaplaning is a safe and non-invasive treatment when performed by a licensed professional, while facial razors may have a higher risk of causing nicks, cuts, and ingrown hairs if not used properly.
- Results: Dermaplaning can provide smoother and more radiant skin, improved skin texture, and better product absorption. Facial razors may only remove hair and may not provide the same level of exfoliation and product absorption.
Dermaplaning Is The Way To Go!
If you’re looking for a safe, effective, and non-invasive way to improve the look and feel of your skin, dermaplaning is the way to go. This treatment is performed by a licensed skincare professional who has been trained to use a surgical scalpel to precisely exfoliate your skin, providing a deeper level of exfoliation than facial razors.
Additionally, dermaplaning can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and acne scars, as well as improve the absorption of skincare products. And unlike facial razors, dermaplaning is a safe and gentle treatment that minimizes the risk of cuts, irritation, and ingrown hairs.
Overall, dermaplaning is an excellent option for anyone looking to achieve smoother, brighter, and more radiant skin.
We’re Here To Help!
At Lash + Company Medspa, we understand that navigating the world of skincare treatments can be overwhelming. That’s why we’re here to help!
Our licensed skincare professionals are trained in a variety of treatments, including dermaplaning, chemical peels, and more, and can help you find the best solution for your individual skin concerns. So if you’re ready to achieve smoother, brighter, and more radiant skin, book an appointment with us today. We’re here to help you look and feel your best!
Visit www.lashandcompany.com to learn about our locations, services, and more!